GED preparation classes are available in English and Spanish. They prepare students for GED certification testing. A GED certificate equates to a high school diploma. At BMCC GED preparation can include earning college credit. The length of an individual program depends upon how much time and effort a student devotes to studying, and the level at which the student begins. Ongoing assessments determine individualized student progress.
Assessments are given in these subject areas:
BMCC students who earn a GED can choose to participate in the BMCC Commencement ceremony held in June.
Steps to Obtaining Your GED
- Contact BMCC College Prep via phone at 541-289-2824 or email: email@example.com for days and times of orientation.
- Attend orientation
- Bring Photo ID
- Know your Social Security number.
- Register for class
- Pay class fee $25 plus $9 tech fee per class
- Attend classes
- Set up Advising/Registration appointment at Orientation
- Meet with College Prep Adviser