Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC) utilizes the talents of its students through part-time Student Employment. At the same time, student employees gain valuable work experience and have the opportunity to work within their field of study. In addition to Federal Work Study (FWS), BMCC also offers campus-funded student employment. The Financial Aid Office is responsible for administrating both FWS and campus-based student employment funds (FWS, general, and department funds.)
Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program
FWS is a need-based program available summer, fall, winter, and spring terms each award year to students who need the earnings to meet their educational expenses. In order to be eligible, each year, students must:
- Submit a FAFSA each year
- Complete the BMCC financial aid verification (if selected) process and be awarded
- Have unmet need equivalent to the amount of work-study offered
- Maintain satisfactory Academic Progress at the time of award and each term
- Be enrolled 6 eligible credits each eligible term.
How to apply for a job
1) View the positions listed below and identify those of interest to you.
2) Contact the supervisor of the position or positions you are interested in to schedule an interview. By clicking on the job title, you will be taken to a page showing the contact information for the supervisor of that position.
If after the interview a hiring agreement is made, please:
- Complete the Student Employment Agreement
- Complete the W-4 and I-9
- View the FERPA power point presentation
- Provide your supervisor acceptable identification (see the I9 form for details).
- Your supervisor will submit all the above ORIGINAL paperwork to the BMCC Service Center and wait for notification of a start date for you.
- The Financial Aid office will notify you and your supervisor once you are clear to begin employment.
- Your Supervisor will arrange a start date with you and instruct you on the payroll system.
For more information, contact: